Friday, June 11, 2010

¡Hola mi familia! how´s it going? The internet is working! Woohoo!! I hit my half way mark here at the CCM. We have 4 and a half more weeks here! Time has been going by so fast here! It´s amazing the things that i have been able to achieve here!

So Mom wanted to know what my schedule was like here at the CCM. Here´s what 95% of my days are like here.

6:30 Wake up and get ready for the day

7:25 Breakfast. They give us cereal, but it has 1/2 of the sugar of American cereal, so most of them taste like cardboard. Haha! But there´s this one cereal that my companion and i love. It has grains and some other stuff and it´s healthy and filling and yummy so we eat it every day! Sometimes they make doughnuts, that they fill with Dulce. They are addicted to dulce here. It´s in every candy or pastry here. We try to not eat it so we don´t get fat! ha ha ha!

8 We have personal study

9 We have companion study

10-12:15 We have class. In all of our classes we learn spanish at the same time as we learn to teach the gospel. It´s tough but interesting. The grammar is the hardest thing to work at. There´s tons of way to conjugate the verbs, with all the tenses, so we get really frustrated.

12:15 Lunch. Thankfully they haven´t fed us anything weird lately. We love the food here!

1 More class

2:30 Physical Activity

4 We have more personal study time to focus on language skills.

5 More class

6:45 Dinner

7 More class

9 Planning for the next day/practice teaching lessons to the Latino missionaries

10 return to our rooms to get ready for bed

10:30 Lights out and in bed.

I really enjoy the schedule we´re on. It´s nice to have my whole day planned.

This coming Monday Elder Anderson from the corum of the 12 Apostles is comming to speak to us. There are workers everywhere fixing up the CCM for his visit. It´s kind of annoying, but necessary to leave a good impression.

Well I can say that I love being out here! Thankfully I haven´t been homesick at all. I think about you guys alot, but i don´t feel like I need to be home. I know that I need to be here, doing the Lord´s work. Everyday my companion needs help, and I am able to help her, I know that I´m here for her. I know that when I get out to the field, I´ll be there because I am meant to be there. I love you guys and I miss you. Please pray that I will have the confidence to do the Lord´s work!

1 Nephi 3:7

XOXO Hermana Grow

ps-Has my FBI clearance come through yet?

pps- Could you possible send me the conference ensign. I gave out my copy at the airport to a recent convert who i felt really needed it. And some chocolate if you can!! :) Send it in a padded envelope. I love you guys!!


1 comment: