Friday, May 21, 2010

Her first email home!

¡Hola! ¿Como esta? So I feel like I have been here at the CCM (MTC in Espanol) for months!! Not because its boring or anything, I`ve just learned so much in just a short amount of time! Mi Compañera (my companion) is Hermana Kubly. She`s from salt lake, and a convert of two years! She`s amazing! We have so much fun together, and though we are two completely different people, it works really well for us. Her strengths support my weaknesses and vice versa! We can talk about spiritual things, but also take a moment to talk about sill things. We have a really great relationship. We are very open about our feelings and our fears and the things we want and need. I couldn`t ask for a better compañera.

So things here go so fast. Our first day here we were surrounded by español. We had no idea what was going on, where we should go or what we should do. All the forms and schedules they gave us were in español. It was frustrating the first few days becasue during our orientation they didn`t tell us all the rules and everthing, so we would do somthing, and it would be wrong or against the rules.

Many of the teachers speak English really well, and teach well. I love being in class! Our teachers speak mostly in Español to us to "get us used to it." The first few days I`m pretty sure I just sat ther and took as many notes as I could. Thankfully my campanion is willing to work on Spanish even when we`re not in class, so I`m beginning to understand alot of what is going on. We are learning a branch of spanish clalled castisllano (cost-a-shan-o). It`s a bit different than what i`m used to, but we`re working on it. This morning was a good day for me in spanish. I was amazed at the words that were put into my mouth. The Lord has truely blessed me. I`m pretty sure I`ve learned more spanish in one week than i had in the 2 semesters in high school. It is amazing!

Well you`ll be happy to know that i`m eating really well here. The food here is so good! they serve really strange, new things, but it is always so tastey!!!! I`ve even eaten fish. TWICE and it was so good! I think i`ve only not liked two dishes. The servings are so huge here, my compaion and i share a plate and we never are even able to finish! It`s nuts how much they give us to eat!

So my espñol is coming along pretty well. I try to talk to the Latino Hermanas as often as possible. We have a hard time understanding each other, but most of the time we can get across what we are trying to say! There are only 7 Hermanas and 40 some elders it`s kind of overwhelming!

You know, the Lord has blessed me so much already. He has seen and heard my needs, and has blessed me with the strength and knowledge to do his work. I hope you have all felt his blessings too! I know, with all my heart, that this church is true! Every day i am slowly coming to know more and more of His love! I miss you all and i hope you all stay safe and happy!!

I love you!!!

Hermana Grow

ps-you can`t send packages to me, but they said that you can send me stuff in padded envelopes to the address you have! I love you, and just so you know candy is as good as money in this mtc! just to let you know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment